We use 7 levels of information verification for WCR.
- 1.We have monthly and quarterly checklists our researchers use to verify changes and information at the state level.
- 2.We use extensive software monitoring to scan and record changes to thousands of government and industry web pages, allowing us to investigate any changes as they are made.
- 3.We monitor many news services, including our own extensive CompNewsNetwork, to track and record legislative and regulatory activity around the nation.
- 4.We partner with the National Workers’ Compensation Defense Network (NWCDN). This is a group of 45+ defense law firms that comprise a national network of skilled defense attorneys for employers with multi-jurisdictional needs. While the NWCDN is not a primary information source for WCR, they are an exceptional outlet for jurisdictional changes, verifications and special research projects that we routinely conduct for our customers.
- 5.Relationships at the state level. Over the years we have established contacts at many states who routinely update and advise us of new and pending changes in their jurisdictions.
- 6.We are a user driven community, and while our research staff excels at monitoring and maintaining over a 1/2 million pages of records for 53 jurisdictions, our thousands of WCR subscribers also serve as “boots on the ground” that are sometimes able to input important information. We welcome and encourage this support. The bigger our system grows, the stronger it becomes.
- 7.Finally, we conduct a comprehensive annual review to make sure that all significant legislative and regulatory changes have been accounted for and recorded.